Senior Technical Artist - Unreal Engine
8 days ago
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, PUBG Corp. has six operational offices globally across North America, Europe, and Asia.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, solution-oriented professionals, who are decisive and aren’t afraid to experiment. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games and in particular PUBG. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who question the status quo.
PUBG Corporation Madison WI office is seeking an experienced and talented Technical artist to help create high quality and efficient tools that speed up production. You will work closely with different disciplines to help bridge the gap between dcc and Unreal by creating, maintaining, and testing new tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with discipline leads to create, test, and maintain pipeline tools.
- Troubleshoot issues with content creators and solve complex problems.
- Create tools that bridge the gap between DCC and Unreal engine allowing for faster iteration and quicker content creation.
- Work with production to identify blockers, prioritize tasks and accurately schedule content creation based on pipeline needs.
- Work with other developers to document best practices, set guidelines and train individuals on new tools.
- 5+ years of game development experience and 2+ shipped games.
- Strong understanding of pipeline, game systems and tool creation.
- Expert knowledge of C++, C#, Python or the equivalent and familiarity with Maya API.
- Experience creating tools for and the ability to work in applications like Houdini, Maya, 3DS Max, Substance, ect.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to write technical documentation.
- Prior experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Procedural map creation within Houdini.
- Experience developing new pipelines from start to finish.
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive amount of Paid Time Off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Video Game Budget of $300/year
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking downtown Madison, WI
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year