Senior Technical Artist [Unannounced Game]
16 days ago
Are you a passionate technical artist who is ready to make a mark on the world of game development? Don’t miss your opportunity – apply now!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will have daily interactions and collaborate with our team of artists, coders, designers among others to create enhanced workflows and pipelines for content creation. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our effort in finding more efficient ways to scale production while maintaining grand quality. As we work in cross-functional teams, you will be working closely with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to propel your work forward.
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams that make decisions independently, and have the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Technical Artist team and report directly to our Technical Art Director. While not only working within the craft team, you will also work closely with Artists to bridge the gap between art and tech to fully enhance the content that goes into our unannounced game.
- Design and develop (with MaxScript, Python, etc.) effective tools with simple user interfaces for production teams
- Optimize memory and game performance by realizing artistic and gameplay intentions within project constraints
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes and benchmarks that maximize production flow
- Provide daily support to the Art and Technical team
- Documentation of the Technical and Art pipelines
- Interact with game designers, artists and engineers to ensure that technical art vision is serving the project needs.
- Facilitate collaboration between technology and content creation teams
- You have good understanding of contemporary graphic content creation requirements and industry standard DCCs and workflows.
- You have proven technical skills in performance, optimization and method.
- You are proficient in 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini and Substance Designer (ideally).
- You have solid scripting skills (Python, etc.).
- You have significant experience on a gaming engine and an overall understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
- You are independent, have solid deductive skills and can work efficiently on a team and communicate your ideas.
- Your English proficiency allows you to work in an international context and exchange ideas with peers who do not speak your language.
- You have a strong background in video games.
Apply now to make it yours!
Read more about us at: https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Read more about us at: stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.