Senior Technical Artist, Tools and Pipeline - Unpublished Fighting Game
8 days ago
As a Technical Artist for Tools/Pipeline, you'll help breathe life into the League of Legends universe and other Riot Games content. You'll employ your expert-level knowledge of 3D tools to build tools, maintain pipelines, and provide technical support for artists on their most critical missions. You will establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, assets, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players. And you will critique work, mentor fellow Rioters, and foster the long-term growth of a group of artists.
As a Senior Technical Artist, Tools and Pipeline on the Project L team, you'll focus on building the tools and tech used for content development on the project. This will involve building pipelines and workflows for DCC (Digital Content Creation) software, and consulting with art to discover the best possible solutions to the challenges the project team faces. You will report directly to the Art Director.
- Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines
- Maintain and extend existing pipeline tools
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary
- Troubleshoot production issues with tools and art creation workflows
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in industry standard content creation tools, such as Maya.
- Fluency in modern scripting languages and related UI frameworks, such as Python & PyQt/PySide
- Experience problem-solving and communicating with multiple art disciplines
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal
- Experience working in UI/UX design
- Experience with building character and creature rigs
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality technical art work - including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).