Technical Artist - Tools & Rigging - New IP
15 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Technical Artist with a specialization in rigging and tool creation to join a new cross-platform, free-to-play, multiplayer, action RPG in an original IP. This person will collaborate with various disciplines to help build our character and animation pipelines, rigging systems, runtime engine problem solving, and overall animation tools.
- Partner with the Art Director to guide the creation and implementation of tools, workflows, and pipelines
- Design complex, unique, and modular rigging and skin deformation systems
- Implement techniques to solve complex character and animation challenges
- Partner closely with character artists, animators, and gameplay programmers to implement/troubleshoot various assets into the game
- Research and develop tools, approaches, and ideally solutions to problems
- Able to balance delivery dates with gameplay constraints
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between art and engineering
- 4+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles or related entertainment products
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Unreal animation system
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required)
- Expert knowledge of industry standard DCC packages (Maya is required. Blender, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer a bonus)
- Strong knowledge of game constraints and various approaches to create high quality game experiences
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.