Senior Technical Artist, Rigging - Unreal Engine
19 days ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior Technical Artist, Rigging - Unreal Engine.
Characters are often the heart and soul of a game. As a Senior Rigger, you will be a key contributor to bringing our characters to life inside Unreal Engine. You will work closely with the Animation, and Character teams, as well as the rest of the Tech Art Team, to ensure we have top notch rigs for our characters. You should be excited about changes and developments in the rigging ecosystem, and be a driver of quality and innovation.
- Create animator friendly rigs in Maya.
- Implement 1:1 skeletal meshes in Unreal.
- Python Scripting Support for Rigging.
- Create corrective blendshapes and advanced deformations.
- Be an active communicator and collaborator with all the stakeholders involved with characters.
- Write and maintain documentation for tools, procedures, and best practices across pipelines, tools, and procedures.
- Be a willing and able mentor for both the consumers of your work and peers.
- Maintain and grow our culture of collaboration, trust, and inclusiveness.
- Stay on top of current technology in the character space and ensure our character pipeline can stay current with the state of the industry and new Unreal features as they come online.
- Control Rig.
- Full Body IK
- Extensive experience shipping projects with a focus on rigging, and workflow enhancements in the character and animation space for modern real time applications.
- Experience with facial rigging.
- Strong proficiency in rigging using modular rigging systems.
- Experience with writing tools/scripts/code libraries in Python or other scripting languages.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and documentation skills.
- A passion for promoting a positive team culture that champions new ideas, empowers coworkers to achieve their vision, while growing and maintaining a positive collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Creative problem solving skills that lead to innovative solutions on challenging technical problems.
- Solid understanding of matrix based rigging/matrice math.
- Strong Foundation in 3d math.
- Expert Knowledge of Unreal, areas of interest include but not limited to:
- Authoring Tools.
- Control Rig.
- Hair and Fur.
- Character Centric Materials.
- Physics Assets.
- Animation State Machines.
- Knowledge of Facial Action Coding System.
- Experience in simulation systems and tools in Maya and Unreal Engine.
- Understanding procedural workflows.
- Experience with Machine Learning, and AI.
- Previous experience working with VR.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.