Senior Technical Artist (Procedural)
29 days ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are privileged to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite Content team, you will report to Frostbite's Technical Art Manager. You will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to our community of game teams. You'll help make our development process more creator-centric by gathering feedback from content creators throughout EA and working with engineers on the Frostbite team to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
- As a Technical Artist on Frostbite, you will collaborate directly with engineers, product owners and game teams to improve the tools and workflows of our procedural systems.
- You will collaborate with the Frostbite content team to build tech demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
- You will collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite
You Will Need
- 5+ years in game development or film industry, with a focus around open world, and procedural systems.
- Experience creating procedural solutions and algorithms in a game or film production environment.
- Experience with the Houdini Engine and Houdini procedural solutions.
- Experience with procedural tool and concepts from other DCC or game engines
- Shipped 2 + games or similar within relevant industries
- Experience helping others achieve their best through game development tools
- Experience with a diversity of content creation tools within a game engine
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Comfortable engaging and building relationships with multiple teams and individuals globally
- Experience using Maya, Substance or other DCCs
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
- Shipped a AAA title
We thought you might also want to know:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- More about us: www.frostbite.com