Senior Technical Artist - Lighting, Materials, & Performance
6 days ago
Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior Technical Artist to assist our art teams in look development, lighting, materials & optimization. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content.
Phoenix Labs is located in Vancouver, BC. Applicants must live within commuting distance to the studio. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Works closely with AD, World Artists, Character Artists, VFX Artists, Animators & Design to provide functional, world-class stylized in-game assets.
- Creation & Optimization of New Materials for World, Character & VFX Teams
- Ability to research & prototype lighting solutions working with AD, art leads & render engineers.
- Passion & knowledge of next gen Ray-Tracing systems
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from World Art, Character Creation, VFX and Animation teams.
- Effectively learn, improve, and maintain proprietary tools.
- Part of a TA team that openly shares knowledge across team and studio.
- 8+ years experience in video game development, preferably in look development, lighting & materials, and art asset performance.
- At least 3 years experience in Unreal 4 and strong experience in Maya.
- Experience with UE4 Blueprinting.
- Understanding of next gen character creation concepts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of next gen environment lighting & materials.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Experience with newer art creation software. (Substance, Houdini).
- Knowledge of HLSL.
- Knowledge of Blender.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->