Senior Technical Artist Generalist
Redwood City California United States
5 days ago
Sr. Technical Artist Generalist
- Maxis is looking for a Technical Artist Generalist. We are gearing up for our next productions and we need some passionate teammates to collaborate with to bring our new characters & worlds to life. If you are passionate about bringing the latest trends in technology to bear against your craft, and collaborating with others to develop best in class experiences for new IPs … come join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with Technical & Art Directors, Engineers, Character & World Leads to develop industry leading content pipelines .
- Develop tools and workflows to empower world, character, & animation artists to craft best in class content.
- Create and maintain rigs and part systems for characters and animated objects.
- Work with TDs and TADs to develop content performance plans, and monitor performance to provide performance guidance, based on established metrics and reporting methods
- Develops tools, pipelines, & processes for performance management aligned towards meeting production goals.
- Firefight production issues, investigating hot issues and resolving roadblocks.
- Collaborate with Technical Art partners across EA to develop and share pipelines and best practices.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing content and inspire others thru knowledge sharing.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 6+ years of tech art, tech animation, rigging, and/or world development experience in Maya for video games.
- Served as a Senior Tech Artist on a published or soon to be published video game project.
- Significant experience working in Unreal Editor.
- Expert proficiency with Maya and modern DCC applications.
- Proficiency in Python & Mel (C# and other languages a plus.)
- Experience writing tools to aid animators, character, and object artist workflows.
- In depth experience with creating and maintaining high end character rigs.
- Aptitude in working with keyframe animation and motion capture data, troubleshooting motion data issues, and ensuring animation best practices.
- Understanding of real-time animation systems and developing within technical limitations of a range of platforms (pc, mobile, console, etc).
- Experience developing and maintaining animation blend trees a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple disciplines to achieve team technical objectives.
- Ability to communicate thru solid documentation of developed pipelines and workflows.
- Experience in Perforce or other version control software.
- Well versed in Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project management software.
- Development experience on next-gen console hardware (XB1/PS4).
- Experience with iOS/Android.
- Experience with Blueprint and/or asset scripting.
- The ability to read and write shader source code using HLSL or GLSL.
- Background in photography, painting, concept art, or animation.
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions.
- Skills in Substance Designer & Painter.
- Houdini procedural workflow experience.