Senior Technical Artist - Environments
San Ramon, California, United States
8 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an experienced Environment Technical Artist to help create a new next generation AAA experience.
- Help establish and maintain art creation and material pipelines
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to design and create new art workflows and tools
- Help define budgets and audit game performance
- Help artists to ensure that assets are authored correctly
- Help support artists and troubleshoot pipeline issues as they arise
- 5+ years in game development
- Shipped one game with Unreal
- Shipped one game in a PBR art pipeline
- Strong knowledge of 3D art production
- Strong knowledge of Maya, Substance, Photoshop, and Houdini
- Experience creating tools for artists
- Intermediate skill with Python, C#, C++, or HLSL
- Familiarity with game performance evaluation tools
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills