This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist - Contractor
25 days ago
ML Horizons is seeking a high energy, personable Senior Technical Artist to assist in building world-class mixed reality solutions for customers in the government civil, defense, and intelligence sectors. As the primary creative engineer, you demonstrate extensive knowledge and of the 3D pipeline and application development, including tools and content. You will be taking responsibility for acting as a bridge between artists and programmers, helping to develop workflows, pipelines and tools for projects and teams.
Qualified candidate needs to be a self-starter, something that cannot be stressed enough: We are tasked with solving problems that have not been solved before.
- Familiarity on all aspects of the content pipeline from modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, shaders, lighting and FX.
- Work closely with design, engineering, and project leadership to tune assets so that they fit the visual and technical needs of the application.
- Ensure all products are performant and work with engineers to improve performance where necessary.
- Standardize and create pipelines for managing all assets including materials, shaders, LODs, code, etc.
- Work with engineers to scope technical requirements.
- Identify and fix bugs as required.
- Lead relationships with external vendors by interfacing with their content teams and supporting them when necessary.
- Work with external vendors to absorb key features of their work into internal workflows where applicable.
- Independently create real-time and interactive proof-of-concepts. This includes not only asset generation, but also working with the engineers to implement the vision.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills to be able to write progress reports or technical documents as needed.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- A true generalist who turns problems into solutions and can work on all facets of the 3D pipeline.
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to work with teammates possessing varied backgrounds and skill sets.
- Ability to work well under pressure and aggressive deadlines.
- Readiness to take on unexpected challenges and adjust to changing constraints.
- Passion for mixed reality and spatial computing platforms, experience or interest in VR or AR production/pipeline experience.
- Experienced in profiling & diagnosing performance issues.
- Working knowledge of C#, specifically within the Unity engine
- Proficient with software development support tools such as Jira, Perforce, Git.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
- Experience with the product development process, including code management, testing, and review.
- Networking and multiplayer experience in Unity.
- Experience with applied physics in coding.
- Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms to include development of training data sets.
- Able to synthesize externally published research into realized solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or significant relevant experience in Mixed Reality/AR/VR
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This position may have access to ITAR controlled technical data, or material placed under a security classification or similar restriction by the US Government. As such, this position will require a US Person as defined in the ITAR, and may require the successful completion of a background check for a US Department of Defense security clearance
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines