Senior Technical Artist [Anno] (f/m/d)
Mainz RP de
6 days ago
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
In this role you will be responsible for developing, supporting and documenting our art pipeline and techniques used by art, technical art and animation teams.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop new and improve upon existing tools
- Help solving key production challenges
- Create tools, processes and benchmarks, in line with artistic and technical constraints, to maximize production flow
- Ensure daily support for Art and Tech teams
- Enable other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner
- Develop tools & scripts for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DMax and other 3D/2D packages and in-house tools
- Create & maintain documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide them for the team
- Collaborate with Tech-Art Department, Art-Department and Programming
What experience you should offer:
- Experience in video-game production as Senior Technical Artist (minimum 3 years).
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles for consoles and/or pc, as Senior Technical Artist.
- Strong technical skills in performance, optimization and methodology
- Strong artistic skills in creating Visual FX
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Deep knowledge of 3DSMax, MotionBuilder, Maya (Photoshop, Substance Designer)
- Strong knowledge of 3D engines (Unreal, Unity etc.)
- Good knowledge of Houdini
- Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
- Understanding of physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline
- Ability to think creatively in order to overcome technical challenges
- Independent work style, with solid deductive skills as well as the ability to work efficiently on a team and to effectively communicate your ideas
- Strong organisational skills
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Experience with shader creation is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
What we offer you:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.