Senior Technical Art Consultant, Games
14 days ago
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Development and Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very ambitious and crucial technical problems.
We're committed to building a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds!
What you’ll be doing
- Embedding yourself with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools
- Developing and maintaining art production workflows and pipelines by writing scripts and tools to aid artists in the creation of content
- Engaging with customers for short-term consultations and contributing to improve their existing pipelines
- Producing and integrating assets such as particle systems, shaders and other VFX into our customers’ applications without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of the platform
- Building close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and providing customer feedback and use cases to efficiently tackle problems
What we’re looking for
- Proven understanding of rendering fundamentals (i.e., modeling, unwrapping/texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, and pipeline tool development) and a deep understanding of technical art asset delivery suitable for real-time usage/application
- Experience in writing and optimizing shaders for real-time rendering and using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Max/Maya expertly
- Professional development experience in a team context using one or more interactive content engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house) and version control systems (e.g., Perforce, Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Experience working with large art pipelines and writing scripts in languages such as C# or Python in order to automate processes and conduct data validations.
- Ability to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
You might also have
- Experience in digital content creation via Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and ZBrush
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.