Senior Technical Animator
11 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with animators, engineers and artists to define, create, maintain, and streamline the animation/asset pipeline
- Create and maintain tools to improve and support the animation pipeline
- Participate in R&D into current and emerging animation technologies
- Create and maintain clear documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation
- Mentor technical animators
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Shipped AAA console/PC title(s) as a Technical Animator
- Experience in game development, and on projects with character animation
- A thorough knowledge with body and face rigs and tools creation
- Excellent and detail-oriented problem solving ability
- In-depth understanding of game engines and state machines
- Extensive knowledge of procedural runtime animation solutions such as IK / Ragdoll / Retargeting
- Self-motivated, and a great team-player.
- A Thorough knowledge of established game engine technologies
- Excellent knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python, MAXScript, MEL, C#, etc.)
- Extensive Knowledge of animation software such as Motionbuilder/Maya.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 60+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.