This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist (Animation)
4 months ago
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re looking for a Senior Technical Artist (Animation) to work in our Vancouver studio. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As a Senior Technical Artist (Animation) you will…
- Work closely with the Art and Animation Directors to ensure animations function in engine while complimenting the gameplay experience at a high quality
- Create processes and tools to help animators iterate quickly
- Works to understand the advantages and limitations of proprietary technologies when designing pipelines
- Drive a multidisciplinary approach that allows Animators to focus on animation while working with other groups on technical process and developing animation systems
- Safeguard animation direction and game vision from risk
- Work with stakeholders, including Leads, production, and other TAs to distribute workload
You are a great fit if you have …
- +5 years experience
- At least two shipped products, may include game, movie, television, etc.
- Strong sense of animation principles
- Breadth of experience dealing with rig complexity and animation retargeting.
- Expert with Motion Builder, Motion Capture, Keyframe
- Created tools using Python to drive pipelines, rig automation, error checking
- Experience working cross discipline on game features from high level to implementation
- Strong communication skills that include documentation and mentoring of animators and other TAs
- Applied knowledge of State Machines
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
Nice To Haves:
- c++, c#, other scripting language experience is a plus
- Experience with simulation and collision systems
It is a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with code samples and/or videos of tools developed
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.