This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Animator
6 days ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
is to strongly demonstrate the potential of the SpatialOS platform to the gaming world, by creating original games in our own first party studios.
The technical animation team defines and implements the systemic processes and pipelines by which the animation content of the project is developed. You collaborate with all disciplines to drive the project's animation focused tools and pipelines in a manner both efficient and technically correct.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Experience as a technical animator on at least 2 published console / PC titles.
- Extensive experience with Maya or similar 3D package.
- Demonstrable skill in rigging and skinning of hard surface and organic models.
- Mastery of scripting languages (Python / MEL preferred).
- Experience working with mocap data and an interest in procedural animation systems a plus.
- Unreal Engine or other commercial game engines experience a definite plus.
- Passion for role playing games is a necessity.
- Ability to communicate well verbally across disciplines.
- Must demonstrate skillset through an online portfolio.
- Desire to mentor younger team members.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.