Senior Technical Animator
7 days ago
EA Create Technical Animator
We are looking for a Technical Animator who is collaborative, and enjoys making games! You will need to have experience in animation workflows, pipelines, tool development, animator support, rigging support, and data flow management. To ensure the animation teams’ success, you will partner with animation directors, leads, and other partners to ensure collaboration to produce quality assets, tools, pipelines, and workflows. While this role is technical, we are also looking for candidates who have an eye for aesthetics to maintain a high-quality artistic vision.
EA Create encompasses all of the positions needed to make game cinematics, such as motion capture, rigging, animation, tools and tech, environments, characters, and lighting teams. EA Create Animation is a centralized team within Create that works with game teams globally to bring narratives and animations to life through playable immersive experiences. We have team members located in Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Guilford, and Shanghai.
- Design and support of animation tools used on specific titles.
- Maintain our central animation workflows that span across multiple titles in collaboration with content creators and engineers.
- Integrate cinematics and gameplay animation content into game engine.
- Interact and support rigging team on character rigs and animation transfer.
- Work and collaborate with your client partners (animation, art, rigging, engineering and production).
- Provide creative and technical feedback with a view to delivering efficient quality animation content.
- Document workflows and technical processes.
- 2+ years of tool creation experience for art/animation workflows on multiple titles/projects
- Proficient in Python.
- Proficient in standard industry tools Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Familiarity with animation content integration in engine.
- Understanding of body and facial production rigs for debugging and tool writing purposes
- Familiarity in C#, C++, MEL, or Maya API
- Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity
- Experience working on a AAA Game Development Team
- Experience in MotionBuilder API
- Experience in Qt and WPF.
- Experience motion capture and data solving process.
- Experience designing and maintaining animation content workflows as part of an end-to-end animation pipeline.