This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Animator
4 months ago
Avalanche Studios in Stockholm is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Technical Animator to join one of our exciting AAA projects.
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for rigging characters and other in-game objects, scripting for DCC software, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines, and aiding and facilitating animators, programmers and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development.
An exceptional candidate has a keen understanding of how the human body works and how a 3D representation of human anatomy should deform, and is very technically savvy; having an understanding of gameplay animation workflows/pipelines and passionate about animation quality, and helping others achieve work of the highest level of quality possible within constraints.
You'll be responsible for
- Rigging characters and game objects at a high level, not only both full-body, but also facial.
- Scripting tools to aid animators achieve the best possible results
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realisation of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicate effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Use your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- High quality character rigging abilities - both full-body and facial
- Python scripting
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Clear and open communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on open world games
- Experience working with player mechanics
- C++ programming experience
We will only consider applications that consist of a portfolio, cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com