This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Animator
New York City, NY
4 months ago
Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios in New York is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Technical Animator to join one of our exciting AAA projects.
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for rigging characters and other in-game objects, scripting for DCC software, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines, amd aiding and facilitating animators, programmers and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development.
An exceptional candidate has a keen understanding of how the human body works and how a 3D representation of human anatomy should deform, and is very technically savvy; having an understanding of gameplay animation workflows/pipelines and passionate about animation quality, and helping others achieve work of the highest level of quality possible within constraints.
You'll be responsible for
- Rigging characters and game objects at a high level, not only both full-body, but also facial.
- Scripting tools to aid animators achieve the best possible results
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realisation of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicate effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Use your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- High quality character rigging abilities - both full-body and facial
- Python scripting
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Clear and open communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on open world games
- Experience working with player mechanics
- C++ programming experience
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills - please add a link to your online portfolio in your resume. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York, US.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.