Senior Technical Analyst
5 days ago
Job Posting TitleSenior Technical Analyst
SummaryInitial focus is on Robotics technical product analysis.
This role would be within the CTO organization and is involved in the most strategically forward-looking part of Aristocrat’s global technology business. We research, analyze, integrate and use the newest in market technologies to create future solutions across the company. These solutions span from robotics, online video games, social casino games, mobile apps and web platforms. Work with a team of extremely high caliber professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. In this role, you must work well within a team environment, be able to work with people from multiple disciplines, collaborate with vendors, effectively integrate with remote teams, be forward thinking, and be easy to work with.
Get in on the ground floor working with a new team chasing exciting new markets of robotics, mobile and web platforms, while capitalizing on the huge potential for growth, experience, and leadership. We offer the stability and opportunity of a multi-billion-dollar global organization with the culture, pace, challenge and ability to make a meaningful impact that comes in a start up!
What you'll do
- Initial project involves developing a robotics product with a team of software engineers, hardware engineers and others. The semi-autonomous robotics product will be deployed into locations around the world that interact with consumers. Examples of other future projects can range from online and mobile game systems, gaming platform systems, web management systems, embedded systems, new physical products, robotics and more.
- Assess existing solutions as they align to requirements and recommend pros and cons of build, buy or blend solutions going forward.
- Gather and document business, functional and technical requirements. Review with team for validation, additional detail gathering and prioritization. Fully understand and clarify software requirements, working with the product management team and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Support the project management task creation and updates for assigned technology projects. Identify and communicate risks and contingency plans within projects.
- Research and evaluate software and hardware tools, vendors, and processes as they benefit assigned projects.
- Collaborate with software engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, vendors, management, and customers as needed during projects.
- Along with the management team, define and build the processes that allow the development team to continually improve productivity and quality, while delivering on business commitments.
Collaborate regularly with global teams to achieve deliverables.
- Spearhead new technologies within and across teams.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability across all levels of technical product development.
- Provide product design planning and oversight based on advanced technical and industry knowledge.
- Independently and collaboratively design and plan new large- and small-scale initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Able to direct and support engineers in requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, defect repair, deployment, and support.
- Works well with others in the business from software engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, business line owners, quality assurance resources, project managers, sales, people and culture, marketing, vendor staff and more.
- Able and willing to mentor team members.
- Works across teams to identify problems and create solutions.
- Lead technical implementation independently and across teams.
- Collaborates with product and project managements groups as needed.
- Promotes a culture of quality and integrity within and across teams.
- Works with management to plan and deliver solution goals.
- Provide project and task estimates following a technology & engineering methodology used for the particular project.
- Support software releases, rollbacks, maintenance, and support.
- Create and communicate designs based on product, service, and business needs.
- Review technical designs and plans for internal and external teams.
- Encourage and embrace discussions on technology designs, architecture, standards, regulations, and functionality.
- Attend and effectively complete corporate policy training modules and events.
- Adhere to corporate policies.
- Tools / Data
- Independently able to research and implement technology and product engineering solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity to research, learn and implements new tools and technologies to solve relevant challenges.
- Support the requirements, design, testing and support of reusable tools, software libraries, automation, processes, and documentation.
- Consistently deliver on assigned tasks, milestones and communicate in advance or risks and mitigation options.
- Able to plan, write and execute against test cases and exceptions for complex design challenges.
- Analyze and scope new initiatives and product features.
- Use documentation solutions such as team wiki, document code, UML tools, project management tools, MS Office suite, source code control, shared file repositories, team chat tools and other tools as identified.
- Able to design and assemble physical products using tools such as SolidWorks, 3D Printers, and CNC Machines.
- Maintain clear and direct communication with the management team, Project Manager, and other stakeholders, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Understand current and planned tasks status and effectively document and communicate such status and plans.
What we're looking for
- Must have:
- Professional approach to working with internal staff, customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of technology engineering methodologies.
- Excellent research, discovery, and recommendation skills in the field of technology products.
- Ability to manage business expectations while achieving planned project outcomes.
- Effective communicator with strong facilitation skills.
- College Bachelor’s degree &/or at least 8 years of work experience.
- Excellent documentation skills for both in-code and in project documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strongly team oriented, work closely with in-house & remote teams.
- Experience in Agile working environments and processes.
- Able to work in both structured and unstructured team and project environments.
- Nice to have:
- Research and development experience bringing new technology products to market.
- Ability to scope technology projects within time, budget, tools, people and capability limits.
- Comfortable using version control software such as Subversion, Git, Perforce, etc.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.