Senior Tech Designer [Unannounced Game]
15 days ago
« Are you a passionate tech designer who is ready to make a mark on the world of game development? Don’t miss your opportunity – apply now!»
We are looking for a Senior Tech Designer to join our studio for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Senior Tech Designer at Ubisoft Stockholm you will define how various game features and experiences are best built, bridging the gap between design and tech implementation. You will also collaborate with Technical Leads to establish and communicate the project’s technical constraints. As an expert user you will help test new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team.
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams that make decisions independently and have the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role you will...
• Drive the prototyping of technical elements of game features
• Keep up to date with game design, assess game features, highlight risks, and work with Technical Leads to design and develop systemic solutions
• Assess our tools and pipelines and work with Technical Leads to design and implement improvements that cater to the needs of the development team
• Review and validate content and features to ensure that it meets technical standards conforms to metrics and best practices.
• Provide technical support on the tools and engines to the team.
• You will mentor more junior Technical Designers, sharing your knowledge and experience.
We would love if you...
• Have ~5 years' experience as a game developer, ideally in a Technical Design position within AAA projects.
• Have a genuine interest in the 'How?' of Game development.
• Find great joy in bridging the gap between Design and Technology, collaborating with others to help them achieve their goals.
• Want to find the best fit solution to complex problems, finding compromises for stakeholders with differing needs.
• Have working knowledge of 3D engines (such as Unreal or Unity) and good understanding of programming & script languages.
• Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Read more about us at: https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.