Senior Tech Artist, Environment Dynamic Art - Overwatch 2
12 days ago
Job Title:Senior Tech Artist, Environment Dynamic Art - Overwatch 2
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced senior technical artist to join its powerhouse Overwatch world-building development team!
You will leverage your skills by providing support for the art production process, working closely with 3D artists and animators.
Your work will help shape our production pipeline and you’ll work collaboratively with other departments including game design, environment, animation, and VFX to deliver the next chapter of the Overwatch universe.
- This position is a technical artist with a Environment Dynamic Art specialism. This means the tasks, while varied, will relate mainly to Environment Dynamic Art (vehicles/props/vegetation/destruction/interactive).
- Providing general support for Art team and Design team.
- Help setting up pipelines and writing tools to support them.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Artist or Artist.
- An online portfolio showing relevant examples of your work.
- Experience using Maya.
- Multiple content development experiences (can be modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, shader, and VFX)
- Good understanding of proprietary engine and related tools.
- Strong artistic skills and working knowledge of 3D art production.
- Good understanding of Python tool and pipeline development.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Must be flexible and comfortable with prototyping and quick iteration.
- An adaptable and continuous learner.
- Experience Rigging assets.
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Understanding of developing pipelines and creating efficient user interfaces.
- Experience using Substance/Houdini.
- Experience writing shaders.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.