Senior Tax Analyst
11 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Tax at Epic
What we do
Our tax team supports our growing company in meeting its strategic goals and initiatives, in a rapidly changing environment. The team is responsible for tax compliance, planning, and provision. We work closely with the rest of the Finance and Accounting team, as well as teams across the company, and external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to join our talented team, who will assist with the domestic and international income tax function. We’re looking for a well-rounded candidate with excellent organizational and communication skills who is looking for a challenging career with a growing company.
In this role, you will
- Assist with preparation and analysis of annual and quarterly global tax provision
- Prepare analytics for internal stakeholders and external auditors
- Support preparation of complex domestic federal, state and local income tax returns, extensions and estimates
- Assist with preparation of international calculations including FDII, GILTI, BEAT and FTC utilization
- Assist with preparation of all international forms such as 5471s, 8991, 8992 and 8893
- Roll forward US domestic and international tax attributes (deferred assets/liabilities, E&P)
- Aid in preparation of worldwide tax receivable and payable account reconciliations
- Develop strong relationships among cross-functional teams, including legal, finance and business teams to help support the business goals
- Research domestic and international tax issues, serving as a technical resource to other members of the tax department
- Provide support to tax department projects and members
- Assist with determining the income tax implications upon adoption of new accounting standards or new lines of business
- Support tax audits
- Help implement automation and efficiency initiatives
- Other items as assigned
What we’re looking for
- 4-5+ years of corporate income tax experience, mix of public and private preferred
- CPA or MST, a plus
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Takes initiative and has a “can-do” attitude
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.