Senior Tax Analyst
San Francisco, California, United States
5 days ago
We're growing. A lot. Real fast. Remember when you were a kid and used to mark your height each year on your door frame in pencil? It's like that. Except we've grown taller than the door frame. And now our head is cramped against the ceiling. We're seeking a full-time Senior Tax Analyst to help un-cramp our head by driving new projects, while also maintaining existing compliance activities, ensuring internal tax controls are properly documented and key controls are operating effectively.
What you'll be doing
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use tax returns in multiple state and local domestic jurisdictions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual VAT/GST returns in relevant international jurisdictions.
- Drive development of a sales/use tax compliance process including identifying exposure areas, implementing compliance software, and designing a process to ensure all regulatory deadlines are met.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for tax related general ledger accounts.
- Support external tax accountant preparing our income tax provision and returns by gathering required source data.
- Coordinate and support indirect and income tax audits by researching and collecting data and working directly with our internal partners and auditors to complete audits timely.
- Research and analyze various new state and local sales/use and other indirect tax regulations and issues and provide guidance to business partners and Company Management.
- Team up with cross functional partners including Finance, Legal and Business Operations teams to evaluate indirect tax impacts of new business ideas
- Document, review and analyze processes for necessary internal controls and efficiencies
- Special projects as assigned
What you should have
- Bachelor's in Accounting; Master's in Taxation a plus. CPA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department in a multinational company
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high level of integrity and sense of urgency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Intacct and Avalara preferred
- You're taller than 6' and can help get things off high shelves
- You're shorter than 6' but own stilts
- You're any height