Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
10 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are at the beginning of a new adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We’re looking to add a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to the team! Working alongside the People & Culture team, you’ll be working with our Recruiter to source and bring on amazing new talent! We’re currently in growth mode and plan to add many new Vikings to the horde! This role will involve recruitment for technical, creative, and operational talent. In addition to sourcing the right talent, this role will be responsible for ensuring every interaction that a candidate has with BVG is fair, consistent, inclusive, and positive! If you’re a seasoned Recruiter looking for your next high volume role, we invite you to apply! This role is offered 100% remotely.
- Be the first point of contact, along with our Recruiter, for potential Vikings interested in joining the team
- Manage candidates through full cycle recruitment - from initial contact to the offer stage
- Help implement an internal requisition process, in order to effectively and swiftly source and manage candidates for new and back-fill positions
- Work with our Director to facilitate workforce planning, new HR Technology implementation, Employer Branding initiatives and more
- Bring a proactive approach - headhunting and creating a pipeline of prospective candidates
- Use outside of the box recruitment techniques to attract top talent
- Use our ATS (BreezyHR) for recruitment administration and manage candidates in the pipeline
- Screen candidates, conduct preliminary phone screens, and move candidates through the interview process efficiently
- Work closely with hiring managers - manage incoming roles through the appropriate approval process, conduct intake sessions, discuss requirements/responsibilities of open requisitions
- Help build strong department SOP's and best practices in our talent strategy
- Assist with the onboarding of new employees - work with our P&C Coordinator to provide necessary information/materials needed for a successful onboarding, collect new hire paperwork/documents, conduct reference and criminal background checks
- Assist with internal communications as it relates to Recruitment - ensure open roles are posted internally and any interested Vikings are given a consistent and fair experience with our recruiting process, help the P&C team communicate openings for company updates and encourage candidate referrals
The Must Haves
- 3-5 years of full-cycle recruitment experience, preferably from a technical startup environment
- Excellent communication and rapport-building skills - approaches recruitment with a strong emphasis on delivery of positive and great candidate experience
- A curiosity and love for networking with new people everyday
- A track record of strong work ethic, integrity, and great attention to detail
- Developed, implemented, analysed, and optimized Employer Branding campaigns using company website and career pages, 3rd party company pages, and social media
- Has implemented and/or optimized Applicant Tracking Systems, HRIS, and recruitment processes that led to outstanding Candidate Experiences
- Has a track record of finding, building/nurturing relationships with, and hiring: innovative live ops, gaming and tech talent from all over the world
- Experience with evidence based recruitment processes
- Successfully created, implemented, used, and/or optimized selection tools and methodologies such as GMA tests, psychometric tests, structured interviews with answer rubrics, skills tests, tech tests (i.e.: Codility, Test Gorilla, etc)
- Self-motivated/self-starter, always looking for new creative things to do
- Post-secondary education from an HR program or a related field
The Nice to Haves
- A passion for games!
- Recruitment experience from the Gaming industry - having recruited for both technical and creative roles commonly found in Gaming companies
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.