Senior TRG Project Lead
3 days ago
Job Title:Senior TRG Project Lead
Job Title : Senior TRG Project Lead
Reporting To: QA Manager and Sr. QA Manager
Department : Quality Assurance
Location: Austin, TX
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com , www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Senior TRG Project Lead works closely with the QA Manager and Senior QA Manager to ensure that the QA Functional test team, or the Technical Requirements test team, are performing at a high standard. The primary responsibilities of the job consist of ensuring the quality of work the QA Associate Project Leads and QA Project Leads conduct and give them the appropriate support in order to achieve their goals. The Senior TRG Project Lead ensures the QA staffs works in a methodical and organized manner to maximize productivity and ensure that Activision’s standards are respected. The Senior TRG Project Lead checks the quality and consistency of the communication between the Functional or Requirements team, the Production team, and the Development team and intervenes when necessary. The Senior TRG Project Lead may act as QA Project Lead if needed, and can therefore be in charge of directly leading testing efforts across any ongoing projects or specific requests from the development studios.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Supports the QA Project Leads throughout the testing process, including both regular testing cycles on new projects and specific testing requests.
- Maintains and improves the testing plans for their group.
- Closely manages the evolution of each project’s allotted budgets in order to remain on or under budget.
- Ensures project documents are kept up-to-date.
- Deliver timely and robust project reports that cover any necessary data or feedback requested.
- Checks the quality of the games’ supporting documentation. Contributes to the test strategy by continually adapting and revising test cases according to changes made to the game.
- Helps in the creation and the improvement of the Quality Assurance documents and policies.
- Identifies, in collaboration with QA Project Leads and the Production team, the bugs that will not be fixed due to minimal in-game impact and/or risk to fix them.
- Ensures the consistency and the quality of communication between the test team and the Production team.
- Alerts the QA Manager of any problem that requires attention.
- May replace a QA Project Lead in case of an absence for any reason.
Managing and Mentoring
- Regularly evaluates the performance of direct reports and works with them on ways to maintain and improve the quality of their work.
- Advises QA Project Leads on best practices for assembling the test team and playing to each member’s strengths.
- Regularly trains QA Project Leads in order to showcase the department’s objectives and standard practices.
- Ensures that the policies of the department and the company are respected.
- Ensures follow-up on QA Tester performance and identifies cases in which disciplinary action must be taken.
- May participate in the department job interviews.
- Proficient with Devtrack and Jira or similar database software.
- Able to identify bugs in games and report them in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
- Excellent knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Deep understanding of first party technical requirements, or functional testing.
- Knowledge about tools used in console testing.
- 3+ years of experience working in the Activision QA Department or in a comparable Quality Assurance department.
- Previous experience in a leadership role (QA Project Lead).
- Strong leadership ability.
- Has a basic understanding of financial acumen and how to act on it. Considers impact to the AOP and P&L and takes fiscal responsibility into consideration before making decisions.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
- Must be honest, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive as well as negative feedback.
- Demonstrable ability to work with and help mentor new testers.
- Perfect knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Quality Assurance department.
- Must have knowledge of popular genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.