Senior Systems Programmer
17 days ago
Double Fine Productions is looking for a full time Senior Systems Programmer to join its San Francisco-based development studio. We are expanding our Central Development programming team to support our current and future titles.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a wide range of game focused systems and internal development tools on PC and Xbox platforms. The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of the technical game development process and pipelines including a strong capability to deliver reliable, performant, and tightly integrated solutions in the Unreal 4 or 5 codebase. Applicants should have a preference for working in a highly creative, innovative, and nimble development environment, where collaboration with design, audio, art, animation, tech, and other disciplines is standard.
Double Fine is an inclusive company. We believe that a diverse team leads to the best games and highly encourage folks from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Generalist - Implementing and maintaining a variety of game focused programming systems such as cameras, player input, low-level systems, asset integration, physics simulation, porting legacy code, build systems, audio, animation, and other areas as needed by our game projects.
- Core Systems - Collaborating with the programming teams on our various projects to identify common technical patterns, architect cross-title solutions, and help build a studio-wide shared code base.
- Optimizing, Debugging, Refactoring - Working with existing code to improve performance, reduce hitches, fix bugs, and increase code clarity of our tools and games.
- Integrations - Downloading and merging of Unreal and other third party code updates using source control systems into our local code base. Working with project teams on stable integrations of updates into game projects throughout all stages of production.
- Experience working with small to medium sized teams
- Unreal Engine 4 / 5 experience
- Console programming experience
- Perforce Source Control and Jenkins Automated Build proficiency
- Ability to work onsite at our San Francisco studio
- Team focused effective communicator
Some of the perks of working at Double Fine include unlimited PTO, flexible work from home arrangements, extended family leave, 401(k) matching, and watching Tim’s facial hair evolve over time.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 401k with employer matching
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Support
- Relocation Aid
- Mental Wellbeing
- Open PTO
- Salary Range: $164,800 - $185,400