Senior Systems Engineer
4 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a driven senior systems engineer with a passion for architecting, implementing, and protecting corporate systems and information. This role will help the company mature or organization by building and implementing secure and scalable systems. The senior systems engineer at Skillz will be responsible for adhering to security policies and procedures throughout our enterprise ecosystem. This role will report to the IT Manager within our operations team but will partner with team members throughout the business to identify needs, architect solutions and resolve issues to support the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement and maintain OKTA identity management system
- Develop and maintain security policies and procedures that meet company guidelines
- Build and maintain enterprise facing AWS infrastructure
- Collaborate with engineering teams on corporate AWS infrastructure accessibility
- Own enterprise SaaS platforms and infrastructure, including documentation
- Help maintain MDM best practices for Jamf and Intune
- Maintain fleet security with EPP/EDR and other tooling as needed
- Assist in the building, enforcement and monitoring of SOX compliance regulations
- Analyze business needs, research and recommend new solutions
- Perform root cause analysis and drive resolution on infrastructure related issues
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Project management for complex/ large scale IT projects
- Implementation and configuration of complex IT systems
- Partner with procurement to perform RFPs for security tools when needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of work experience in IT infrastructure or another related field
- 5+ years of work experience in IT security or another related field
- Ability to communicate clearly to various levels of management (including executive management), across various business functions (including engineering)
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- A strong understanding of cloud environments and experience in SaaS security models, cloud security architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Mastery of identity management platforms such as Okta, AzureAD, AD, etc.
- Experience with zero trust security, MDM, EPP/EDR, CASB, VPN and vulnerability management
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) and understand security challenges in large-scale systems and service architectures
- Experience implementing and maintaining SOX compliance and experience of performing or leading technical assessment to support compliance efforts
- Understanding of IT security frameworks such as ISO 27001, CIS, NIST
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Process oriented, with the ability to develop and execute IT processes
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Experience scripting in Bash or Python
- Experience with SASE architecture
- Experience with Tableau server
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Experience with Github Enterprise
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.