This job might no longer be available.
Senior Systems Engineer
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment's Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented engineer to contribute to the continuous development of Blizzard’s internal infrastructure-as-a-service and automation offerings. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing, operating, and troubleshooting automation solutions supporting complex and mission critical applications, proactively identifying areas of improvement, and evangelizing the benefits of automation across the organization.
This individual is ideally a self-starter who takes every opportunity to automate and level up our existing automation and tooling. Working directly with our project management and development teams, they will have a unique opportunity to drive change and have a material impact on the business. This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead the development of workflows and scripts to support automated provisioning of on-premises and external cloud resources
- Enhance and augment our infrastructure codebase
- Work with other engineers and architects to refine and market our offerings
- Work with our development teams to help automate their workloads
- Be an advocate and ambassador for automation across the business
- Support our corporate IT compute platform, during business hours and in an on-call rotation
- Document decisions and solutions
- 5 years’ experience with cloud automation or orchestration platforms (e. g. Puppet, OpenStack, vRealize, Ansible, Terraform)
- 5 years’ experience architecting configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef
- 5 years’ Experience with complex application topologies (deploying and or maintaining)
- A passion for optimizing processes through automation
- A code-first mentality for implementing change
- Fluent with the Windows operating system
- You are familiar with ITIL principles and Agile methodologies
- You care about your work, your colleagues and your team
- You are committed to excellence in customer service
- Proficient with datacenter technologies (storage, compute, networking platforms)
- Proficient with datacenter networking concepts
- ServiceNow experience
- VMware/Hyper-V/KVM Experience
- Experience with network automation (NXAPI/ACI/VMware NSX)
- You have a degree in computer science.
- You love video games and other geeky stuff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!