This job might no longer be available.
Systems Engineer: Engineer to Principal
7 months ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer (open to different levels of experience, from mid thru to Principal) to join our growing team. In this role, you will build development workflows and help with platform compatibility for our exciting next-generation project. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and conscientious engineer with experience developing AAA games. This role reports to the Lead Systems Engineer.
What You’ll Do
- Develop platform compatibility with PC, Playstation 5, and Xbox Series X
- Design, develop, test, and implement development workflows
- Write clear, performant, maintainable, portable code
- Develop metrics to measure and improve game performance
- Accurately estimate effort and deliver high quality results
- Provide high quality code review feedback
What You’ll Bring
- At least one shipped title that utilized Unreal Engine 4
- 4+ years experience developing cross platform AAA titles
- Expertise in console development
- Excellent command of the C++ programming language
- Extensive experience workings with large multiplatform engines
- Initiative to push boundaries and a strong desire to build something outstanding
- CS Degree or equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.