Senior Systems Engineer
Middleton Wisconsin 53562 United States of America
7 days ago
Job Title:Senior Systems Engineer
Your mission is to develop, implement and tune player-first experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible mindset is also necessary since this position must deal with a wide variety of internal and external partners. Excellent and persuasive communication skills are a must.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver world-class game systems
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure an authentic experience
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process spanning all facets of the game
- Create and maintain design documents and systems specifications for games with an eye toward systems design and then provide verbal and written assessments of the same
- Clearly and effectively pitch designs and features using multimedia tools
- Interface with other Design teams to ensure systems are understood and utilized
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently execute high-level direction
- Use scripting tools to create, iterate, and balance game mechanics and systems
- Play builds of games in-progress and provide concise and prioritized feedback to both internal teams and external partners
- Uphold system designs during a live environment
- Work closely with our user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert feedback
- Mentor fellow Designers
- 5+ years in the games industry working in a system design capacity, with at least 2 shipped titles in the AAA console / PC space
- Ability to lead by example echoed through a professional and e goless personality
- Impressive communication skills
- Solid understanding of systems design with ability to clearly discuss modern trends
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Expertise writing high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Passion for Call of Duty, with understanding of the franchise’s progression and reward systems
- Hunger for gaming (especially online) with a broad range of game experience
- Experience with programming/scripting languages
Extra Points for having…
- Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the F2P games space.
- Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
- Experience with visual software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.