This job might no longer be available.
Senior Systems Engineer
18 days ago
Job Title:Senior Systems Engineer
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our engineers help with title development and provide valuable collaboration between studios while our researchers act quickly and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios. Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
We are looking for a hands-on experienced System Engineer in the Los Angeles area, to work remotely, or in one of our Los Angeles, California offices. This team supports a variety of cloud and on-premises workloads and you will be responsible for maintaining, supporting, and growing reliability within our on-prem and cloud architectures. You will work with our other internal and studio teams to analyze needs, provide solutions, and solve issues.
· Support on-premise and cloud-based Perforce infrastructure
· Solve issues with physical servers, vm’s, storage, and cloud services
· Use IaC and automation to produce scalable and repeatable infrastructure
· Help resolve scaling and stability issues
· Actively contribute to documentation repositories
· Design custom tools and scripts as necessary
· Participate in on-call support
· 3+ years as a Linux/Systems Engineer
· Working knowledge of scripting languages (Linux Shell, Python)
· Experience with reproducible infrastructure, IaC (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Maas, etc.)
· Experience with virtualization, containerization, scaling (Kubernetes, Docker, KVM, etc.)
· Experience in monitoring/metrics systems (ElasticSearch/Prometheus/Grafana)
· Experience with the Perforce Server Deployment Package a plus
· Ability to travel to our Downtown Los Angeles datacenter (as needed)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.