This job might no longer be available.
Senior Systems Engineer
4 months ago
Mixed reality devices need to sense and understand the users and the world around them with tremendous precision and speed. A wide variety of sensors, visual, 3D, inertial, magnetic and other components will be at your disposal. To help us achieve the most efficient sensing system, you will use your Ninja skills to articulate and prototype critical tests that involves both hardware and software. This is a critical role that provides the underpinnings for core product features, and greatly impacts our product design and performance.
- Develop goal-driven tests based on good understanding of existing product pipeline
- Rapid prototyping of proof-of-concept tests for next-gen product development
- Walk through hardware and software blocks to generate data required for tests
- Develop code based on product code to calculate (debug) metrics to characterize the system performance
- Design robust, partially automated experiments to obtain quantitative data against these metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Passion to use critical tests to identify improvements within existing product
- Passion to work with different teams to achieve the best possible system performance
- Proven fluency in C/C++ and Python
- Familiarity of Sensors, Algorithms, Computer Vision/Deep Learning
- Ability to reason at any layer of the stack, from hardware to software, and user experience
- Ability to rapidly become proficient in unfamiliar fields
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Relevant B.S degree (CS, EE, Physics, ME) + 5 years experience. M.S. or Ph.D is a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.