Senior Systems Engineer (Perforce)
9 days ago
Senior Systems Engineer (Perforce)
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for to join our IT team in managing and supporting our Perforce instance. This technical position will be the primary stakeholder and point of contact for all Perforce configuration, management and support. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of Perforce server and client management, exceptional customer service skills, and the ability to collaborate well in a team environment. The Senior Systems Engineer will be expected to work in close conjunction with Naughty Dog’s Core-Tech team and Programming teams for continuous integration design and optimization of Perforce.
- Primary support for Perforce (Helix Core) server and client management and maintenance
- Perform regular maintenance tasks including application patching, application/plugin updates, and configuration changes
- Collaborate with the IT team and Core Tech for continuous integration design and optimization
- Collaborate with the Core Tech team for integration and optimization of our Tools and our Perforce integration
- Collaborate with the Game Team for optimization and stability for integrations and branching
- Train Naughty Dog staff on Perforce client use, optimization and best practices
- Support and training for staff using Helix Swarm
- Support usage and conversion from branches to Perforce streams
- Define requirements for hosted servers and cloud services to support Perforce Continuous Integration workflows
- Create and implement a backup and disaster recovery and archiving process for Naughty Dog’s Perforce instance
- Use Grafana/Prometheus to create support dashboards for many of our internal tools and API’s
- Contribute to decision making on the prioritization and planning of work around Perforce
- Partner with the greater SIE teams and studios to facilitate project collaboration
- Define, implement, and continuously improve workflows and processes
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have 5+ years’ experience supporting Perforce usage in large organizations or enterprise environments
- Expert knowledge of Perforce (Helix Core) Source Code Management system
- Experience acting as a system administrator for Perforce running on Windows and Linux servers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Troubleshooting skills for both hardware, software and operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Strong scripting capabilities using Python and PHP for automation
- Strong understanding of source code control, code review and continuous integration and engineering automation
- Previous experience installing, configuring, and converting from Windows to a Linux (Ubuntu) environment
- Strong knowledge of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and later
- General understanding of TCP/IP protocol and general computer networks
- Experience with network service troubleshooting and configuration; DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP
- Visual Studio, C++ and or C#
- Technical knowledge and experience with AWS and Azure
Naughty Dog is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.