This job might no longer be available.
Senior Systems Designer (ESO)
14 days ago
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Systems Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
This role will serve under the Lead Systems Designer to build gameplay systems and mechanics, and hone them to industry-leading quality. A developer in this role will serve as a project specialist focusing on progression systems as well as one or more other areas of systems design. They will collaborate with leads across all development disciplines in creating gameplay systems within their specialties.
- Work with the Lead Systems Designer to develop holistic gameplay and progression systems with compelling hooks and captivating long-term engagement
- Design, create, and maintain documentation for gameplay and progression systems and mechanics
- Focus and grow into a project specialist in one or more areas of game-wide systems design
- Collaborate with all development disciplines to bring gameplay and progression systems from early vision to industry-shaping final implementation
- Mentor systems designers and help them grow in their careers
- 5+ years of related experience
- Deeply creative with a great sense of what makes gameplay fun
- Experience designing progression or “leveling” systems
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-discipline development environment
- Expert proficiency integrating imagery and text to deliver thorough, easy to understand design documents
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
- Strong understanding of the discrete elements game systems are built from, and the ability to problem solve both holistically and on a per-component basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of scripting or programming
- An online portfolio which clearly demonstrates relevant work experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience developing 3rd person games
- Experience in industrial or product design
- Strong public speaking skills