Are you looking for a place where you can use all your skills in a culture where collaboration, responsibility, and dedication to getting things done are your day-to-day experience?
The Undead Labs design team is looking for a Senior Systems Designer with experience working on sandbox games and RPGs. Our games are known for their wide variety of systems-based gameplay. We’re seeking a passionate designer to carry the torch from the present day and help build the future of the State of Decay franchise. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working on the most minute details of systems while being able to trace design decisions they make back to our players with whom they empathize.
At Undead Labs, we work in highly collaborative, cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we generate together. We are creators of the hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay, played by millions, and we operate independently as part of a network of first-party Microsoft studios. We have a rich history of entrepreneurship and empowerment that will carry us forward as we reach new levels of quality, ambition, and polish.
Core Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Collaborate with the team to design, implement, and balance gameplay systems
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure systems are clear to players and can be easily communicated
- Collaborate with the analytics team to measure and define success
- Use visual scripting to prototype or implement designs of limited scope
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure systems are understandable to players and can be clearly communicated
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including writing effective design documentation
- Experience working collaboratively with other disciplines to create highly polished and deep systems
- Experience with the design of online games or games as a service, including player retention mechanics
- Experience with progression systems and reward systems, which cover short and long-term play
- Passionate about good process, and comfortable iterating on existing processes
- Experience with combat design
- Experience with vehicle design and tuning
- Experience with programming or scripting
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting
- Noise levels are low to moderate in the work environment
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position reports to the Senior Design Manager.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We look forward to hearing from you!