Senior Systems Designer
15 days ago
Come join us as we continue our journey of crafting new and exciting gameplay!
Are you an innovative, original thinker who constantly advocates for the player? Do you seek a collaborative, communicative and forward-looking team that tackles hard problems and builds first-in-class experiences? If that’s you, and you thrive on bringing your go-to, peer mentorship advice to help your team and projects excel, then let’s talk! As a Senior Systems Designer, you will be doing all the above, while developing designs and ideas into completed, compelling and engaging gameplay. Along the way, you will be working with content designers, engineers, audio, artists, production, and QA, all who have the shared goal and purpose to make outstanding game experiences.
What You Will Be Doing
- Execute design roles at a high efficiency and high quality
- Design and build gameplay systems and mechanics from idea to prototype to final balance and tuning
- Advocate, support and evangelize designs to ensure success and downstream understanding
- Own gameplay systems and loops across the game, from concept to user's experience
- Mentor and coach teammates - actively contribute to and improve your teammates
- Identify and suggest improvements to team efficiency and process
- Manage and maintain work in JIRA and Confluence to help drive context, and work needs
- Maintain working knowledge of game market and user expectations and assumptions
What You Will Bring
- Experienced in and can contribute across multiple system genres and styles of gameplay
- Record of accomplishment working in a team environment to develop and ship games
- Strong understanding and comfort with technical concepts, logic, and logic flow
- Fluency in Excel, Word, Confluence, Jira, In-Engine Editors, and supporting tools
- Proven communication champion and team collaborator
- Established track record of prototyping, iterating, and finding fun quickly
- Proven ability to be self-directed; effective and productive even when the path ahead is not obvious
- Applicants for this role typically have at least 3-4 years of professional game-dev experience
Nice to Haves
- Significant UE4 experience
- Experience in other development roles - production, engineering, QA
- Experience in developing networked games and cooperative experiences
- Experience working with teams in other industries/jobs
- Job Title: Senior Systems Designer
- Reports to: Director of Design
- Department: Design
- Work Location: On Site in West Seattle, or Work from Home / Remote (with WA State residency)
- Employment status: Full Time
- FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
- Benefits: Flexible vacation plan with above standard PTO; Health, Dental, & Vision coverage; Healthcare and Daycare FSAs, 401k with company match; Life and Disability insurance, Technology Stipend, Paid Sick leave, commuter benefits, paid company holidays and office closures, and free parking with gym access
- Active company culture that fosters clubs, games and movie nights, company events, and parties
About Hardsuit Labs
We are an independent game developer, founded in 2015 in Seattle, Washington. We believe that great games can only be built with great people and that great people thrive and do their best work in a healthy, collaborative, and positive work environment that values them. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace and building equity throughout the organization. At Hardsuit Labs, we are respectful and inclusive, we are problem solvers and efficiency champions, we are curious and collaborative, we are flexible and adaptable and most of all we are always looking to deliver excellence in the experiences and products that we craft!
As a studio we have built a reputation as an Unreal Engine focused development house, working in a multitude of genres and games, from support work and work for hire to original development. We have long standing relationships with some of the largest gaming companies in the industry and are a certified developer across all major platforms.
Hardsuit Labs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Hardsuit Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at Jobs@Hardsuitlabs.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.