Senior Systems Designer - Unannounced Project
Austin, Texas, United States
4 months ago
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Collaborate with other designers and disciplines to develop and iterate on multiplayer gameplay systems and features (items, combat, reward loops, etc) for a new unannounced project!
- Mentor other designers and employ your leadership skills by spear heading gameplay features
Leader In Craft
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Comfortable in Unreal 4, visual scripting, or equivalent
- Craft standards: Exemplary data entry and management of game data, with strong understanding of stat curves, player progression systems, and gameplay loops
- Documentation: Strong skills in creating design proposals and system specifications
- Personal Proficiency: Proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines with a positive and collaborative attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Bonuses: Knowledge of current gaming trends, MMO design experience, and versatility
- End result: Must be able to use all the above skills and experience to level up our systems design team in order to build intuitive and creative systems with longevity
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
Note: *Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*