Senior Systems Designer
2 days ago
JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Designer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Designer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of an experienced and highly skilled Systems Designer who has a passion for player progression systems, economy, and game balance. You enjoy both playing games with deep Meta systems and organizing data in Excel.
What You Will Do:
- Ownership of some of the meta-game systems
- Work with game designers, gameplay engineers, and artists to implement, tune and balance gameplay systems
- Evangelize core gameplay features to the rest of the team and help developing best practices for other team members working with the gameplay systems
- Ensure that players can use the tools provided to play the game in multiple, equal compelling ways
- Analyze, validate and incorporate from feedback from the team and external user testing
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in internal game development, with emphasis on Systems Design or Economy Design
- At least 1 shipped title as a system designer
- Experience with AAA titles, multiplayer games and/or live game design experience preferred
- Experience and deep working knowledge of economy systems and balance tuning
- An excellent proficiency with Excel is required; experience with other simulation and tuning tools a plus
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.