Senior Systems Designer: Core Systems - Unannounced Survival Game
2 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Systems Designer: Core Systems - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created. If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As a Core Systems Designer, you will architect fundamental systems that other designers will rely on. In addition, you will also own specific heavyweight systems players will engage with often. Together, we will establish clear pipelines, parameters, guidelines, rulesets, and tooling proposals to support and empower the design team to realize a wide range of player fantasies while minimizing added complexity.
In the end, your work will glue together much of the rest of the game and periodically deliver marquee features, affecting the experience in innumerable ways.
We need your help with:
- Evangelizing robust and reusable system functionality in team discussions.
- Refining strategic guidance and vision into specific, evocative designs that build momentum and excitement.
- Collaborating with engineers operating in a variety of domains to support the design team at large with scalable, reusable systems.
- Driving a cross-disciplinary working group with clear goals, holding implementation of complex systems accountable to your designs with kindness and candor
- Embracing Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all subject areas and departments.
You’re good at:
- Pitching game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Advocating for other designers in a variety of circumstances, understanding them as clients who must rely on your systems to succeed at their objectives
- Predicting and mitigating consequences of interacting system designs, engaging with feature owners and design leads to identifying such effects, and generating proposals that are deeply informed by the context of the game at large.
- Using in-engine data and scripting tools to support the implementation of your own features.
- Rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with AAA game engines such as Unreal, Unity, CryEngine, or Source
- A background in math, combat design, content design, live ops, or tools development
- Strong documentation philosophies and strategies to evangelize your designs
- Playing a variety of video game genres and titles.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. However, this is a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work from home. The home studio for this role is Irvine, CA. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.