Senior Systems Administrator
1 month ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Senior Systems Administrator .
As a member of our operations team, you will play a pivotal role in building our systems and network infrastructure and participate in key design decisions. The ideal candidate has touched all aspects of a large production environment and can scale along with the company. We're seeking someone who is self-motivated and passionate about designing and implementing secure, reliable, and scalable systems.
***** THIS ROLE IS REQUIRED TO BE ONSITE *****
- Design, deploy and administer systems including, but not limited to:
- Windows specific deployments including Active Directory, Windows DHCP, Windows DNS, Win File Server, Group Policies, Win Deployment Server and WSUS.
- Light Linux server deployment, configuration and support.
- NAS systems (Buffalo, FreeNAS SAN, FreeBSD, Synology, ZFS).
- Local & Cloud Servers (Amazon AWS, Ubuntu Linux Servers, Chef).
- Virtual Machines (ESXi, vCenter, VMWare).
- Network systems (Fortinet Firewall, HP and Fortinet Switches, VLAN’s and Cisco WLAN Controller).
- Responsible for security system administration and compliance including MPAA auditing.
- 24/7 on call for emergency response, disaster recovery.
- 5+ years experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related field.
- Strong understanding of all OSI model and network layer technologies specifically.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Powershell and CI / CD.
- Experience with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Atlassian Suite and other project management software systems.
- Experience with Apple computer installation, configuration and troubleshooting in a professional environment.
- Strong experience with Security Compliance: MPAA Auditing.
- Ability to be a ‘Jack of all trades’ in a small IT team.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Intermediate experience installing, setting up and maintaining VR hardware and equipment including the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest and PlayStation VR systems.
- Knowledge of Perforce, Git, Jenkins, IncrediBuild and other server side game development tools.
- Experienced with PPTP/Site-to-site persistent VPN creation and maintenance.
- Experience writing small scripts and utility applications.
- Passion for Virtual Reality game development.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.