Senior Systems Administrator - (6 Month Contract)
14 days ago
Are you an IT professional looking to join a team where you can choose your own adventure while building systems and solutions that add value? Are you excited to upgrade to new technologies and IT methods? Have you been looking for a team that values collaboration and creates opportunities for its team members?
As a key member of Kabam’s IT department, the Systems Administrator is responsible for leading key IT systems and infrastructure projects, including public and private cloud initiatives. The incumbent is a cross-functional lead and has knowledge and influence across many IT subject areas. The incumbent is responsible for managing multiple systems with the chance to propose, plan, and integrate new systems and infrastructure projects for Kabam’s multiple studio locations. This is a challenging role requiring the ability to understand complex technical issues and propose effective solutions. As a senior member of our IT team, the incumbent will also be responsible for mentoring other IT colleagues.
You are responsible for:
- Reviewing current the current state of IT infrastructure at Kabam and identifying issues or opportunities for improvement
- Managing multiple systems and services to eventually become the subject matter expert
- Managing projects through start to finish as both project manager and subject matter expert
- Designing, implementing, and supporting automation and integration between systems, platforms, services providers, and APIs
- Collaborating with stakeholders, vendors, and colleagues to design and implement new technologies and solutions
- Mentoring other IT colleagues to develop their knowledge of IT Infrastructure
- Responding to major infrastructure issues as needed and leading the response and investigation for any outages or critical failures
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the high-tech or games industry
- Advanced knowledge of IT Enterprise Architecture and infrastructure (Servers, Storage) including Cloud Architecture (Google Cloud Platform), administration, and management, Systems (Windows Server, Linux) and Network Architecture (Cisco, Palo Alto, Ethernet, WiFi) and administration, Database concepts and Management, Virtualization (VMware, vSphere) technologies, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity frameworks, and IT Compliance and Governance subject matter
- Strong understanding of identity providers (Okta)
- Management of software and platforms (Confluence, Google Workspace, JIRA, Perforce, ServiceNow, and Slack)
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory (Users and Computers, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, DFS, and Print Management)
- Ability to script (Powershell, Bash and Python), code, and analyze automation (Terraform, Ansible) between systems and infrastructure components
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner with colleagues at all levels of an organization
- Ability to document IT architecture, systems, and processes according to industry standards
- Ability to influence and lead teams to achieve project goals
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and departments and manage multiple stakeholder priorities
- Demonstrated leadership ability to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.