This job might no longer be available.
Senior System Programmer
1 year ago
What will you do ?
- Code in C++ engine-related items ;
- Work on technical requirements checklist - including for PS4/Xbox one ;
- Diagnose and solve problems to improve the robustness of the engine ;
- Work closely with cross-displine teams including programmers, designers, and artists ;
- Optimize the game code taking into account that it is a live and online game;
- Revise the code of the other members of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in the game industry as a programmer
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading
- Strong interest and proficiency for optimization
- Experience in development on Xbox One and/or PS4 consoles
Would be considered as assets:
- Development experience with Unreal
- Development experience with Windows
- Experience in programming of features and game systems
- Experience in physical effect programming of games
- Experience in streaming and downloading dynamic assets and levels
- Experience in creation of automated video game test systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour Interactive is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
We are now looking for an experienced System Programmer to design, implement and refine the game experience we provide our users. In this role, you will be an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the different basic functionalities in craft, optimization and adaptation from a platform to other ones.