Senior System Developer
26 days ago
💪 The mission
We are redefining the future of gaming by bringing professionally-made games to the browser.
Why is it important?
Billions of people surf the web daily to entertain themselves, reading blogs, watching movies, listening to music and much more. But what they have not been able to do is play high quality games. If you want to play professionally-made games, you either need to download and install game clients on your computer, or reach to your mobile for a more accessible experience.
By enabling professionally-made games to be played in the browser, more people are able to enjoy great games, and game studios can find brand new audiences.
How are we different?
Pley makes gaming easier than watching YouTube by allowing games to be played in the browser. No downloads. No installs. No paywalls. Just play. The time it takes to start playing a game on Pley is less than the time it takes to finish reading this sentence. Don’t believe us? Just visit www.pley.com and enjoy zero-friction gaming.
Our mission is to bring down the barriers to gaming by providing creators with tools that make their games truly accessible, easily discoverable, and virally shareable - with games just one click away from billions of potential players.
🎮 The role
We are looking for a skilled system developer to join our growing team and make an impact in our mission to build the best games platform, both for users and game developers. We are looking for someone who will be a solid individual contributor as well as a driving force for a strong technical vision in the team.
You will be working closely with other system and Unity developers in your team focusing on Pley's runtime SDK and tools for porting games from mobile to web. Your team’s mission is to enable mobile games to be run flawlessly in desktop web browsers. Your target user audience will consist of game developers at our customers (game studios) and of our internal development teams working on other parts of the Pley platform.
We are still a small team so you will have a strong impact in our company and engineering culture. We want to work with people who are curious and passionate about their craft.
For us, this is a long-term relationship, we believe our employees are our greatest assets and hope that you can grow with us, and have fun along the way :)
- Developing a set of tools to make the game porting process from mobile to web efficient and easy to operate
- Assuming end-to-end ownership of complex technical projects and being a natural engineering counterpart to Product for planning and balancing the team’s roadmap
- Analysing and improving game performance on the web
- Improving our game build pipeline backend
🌟 About you
- Fluent in C++
- Comfortable using various browser APIs
- Experience building and shipping C++ on different platforms (e.g. Windows, macOS, Linux)
- You know how to use these on the command line: git, CMake, gcc, npm, docker
Nice to have:
- Experience designing C/C++/C# APIs for external customers
- Some experience with Unity (ideally professional) and C#
- Basic knowledge of Go and/or Rust
- Prior experience of working on a SDK or a widely used native library
- Knowledge of the LLVM backend
- Experience doing basic binary analysis and reverse engineering (in particular, being able to read binary data and correlate with the schema): currently WASM, Unity Data, Dwarf.
- Good at communicating; you enjoy teaching and explaining things to other developers.
- Eager to learn and challenge yourself.
- Pragmatic, curious, and not afraid of challenging problems.
- Respectful of other people's skills and knowledge.
- User-centric mindset and curiosity about product strategy and customer experience
- You enjoy a hybrid working environment.
- Have a valid permit that allows you to work in Sweden.
⚡️ Our Process
- Intro Call
- Team Lead Interview
- Technical challenge
- Culture Interview
* We would love to meet you in-person during our process. Huge plus if you can have at least one interview in our office.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.