Senior System Administrator
13 days ago
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Standing Stone Games is a gaming studio based in Needham, Massachusetts (right outside of Boston!), staffed by people who have been passionately working on MMOs for decades. We're proud to develop and operate our two free-to-play MMOs: Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online! We enjoy sharing heroic stories with our players that create a lifetime of memories. We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!
Find out more about our studio at https://www.standingstonegames.com/.
Daybreak Games Technical Operations is in search of a professional, organized, and experienced Senior Systems Administrator to contribute to our technical operations team out of Boston MA. This role requires a considerable amount of industry experience with strong troubleshooting skills on a wide range of industry standard and proprietary solutions for the game studio and its associated data center. The role works closely with both game developers and additional support personal in-studio and in remote locations across the nation. The is a full-time position with on-site studio and datacenter requirements, with opportunity for remote work.
- Administer user accounts (Active Directory / o365 / Teams)
- Provide VLAN configuration support
- Provides end user application support and troubleshoots computer and complex networking issues
- Provide hardware, software, and systems support
- Use custom tools to support users and their systems
- Install and track software and licenses
- Regularly create and update SOP documentation
- Patch and update workstation, server, and networking equipment
- Deploy and troubleshoot development hardware
- Maintain backup systems and solutions
- Configure and monitor sensors for critical tasks and problems
- Provide technical support to peers during problem determination and resolution
- Assist with equipment installation/relocation during team reorganizations and expansions
- Participate in the maintenance of equipment inventory and related documentation
- Research and recommend approaches for projects and other system administration tasks
- Rack and install server and network hardware
- Receive and ship inventory on an as needed basis
- Documents approved articles, processes, and configurations to IT Support knowledge base
- Support the configuration, deployment and maintenance of systems including but not limited to network services, servers, and backup systems
- Work with vendors to support, update and maintain systems and services
- Maintain awareness of changing trends and regulations which might affect the location and make recommendations for changes as required
- Coach staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with company goals, objectives, and budget
- Ability to travel for datacenter and technology related purposes.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a wide range of technologies and solutions
- Previous experience in a similar role including within an enterprise environment
- Server HW troubleshooting, and experience in a high availability datacenter environment
- Experience in server disk array management and troubleshooting
- Experience with IP networking (subnetting, VLANS, routing)
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Proficient with command line tools and scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Backup system experience
- Experience with end-user and server operating systems including Windows and Linux
- Must be self-motivated, team player, and able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Self-starter and ability to work without supervision
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management and customer service skills are required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Experience in a role involving direct customer contact (internal and external customers)
- 7-10+ years of related experience in Information Technology and related disciplines
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in IT/ Computer Science, or a related field
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience! Find out more about our company at www.daybreakgames.com.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.