Senior Stock Administrator
23 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators , San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a driven and experienced Senior Stock Administrator to join our growing team. The successful candidate will manage the Skillz's day-to-day equity plan administration including maintaining stock plan documentation for both internal and SOX compliance, processing stock grants, and acting as the point of contact for vendors, internal teams, and employees.
What You Will Do :
- Accurately and timely handle the day-to-day administration of the Skillz's stock plans globally
- Use the Fidelity equity system to manage all participant equity plan transactions (grants, exercises etc.) and ensure that they are correctly processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain company capitalization table including share authorized and outstanding.
- Maintain Fidelity participant data (termination, vesting schedule, demographic information, etc.) and ensure accuracy at all times.
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including enhancing existing manual processes, automating processes and helping to evaluate service providers.
- Prepare equity summary for the board meetings to include new equity grants from new hires, refresh and promotions.
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory. requirements.
- Respond to questions from employees regarding equity grants and exercises.
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required.
- Prepare annual reporting forms required by IRS.
- Perform valuation setup for option grants in Fidelity, create snapshot and maintain expensing reports.
- Prepare all equity related journal entries including, vested and early exercise, debt to equity reclass and stock-based compensation expense.
- Audit support for quarterly reviews & year-end audits, as well as ensuring that internal controls and procedures are operating effectively.
- Reconcile NetSuite and Fidelity related to equity transactions during month end close.
- Maintain and update documents defining procedures for all plan administration.
- Develop standardized reporting package in Fidelity.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as requested.
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years in stock administration for a US public company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) or in process of obtaining
- Comprehensive understanding of many different types of equity awards and their tax implications, across multiple jurisdictions
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and quality of work
- Ability to deliver results and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.