Senior Staff SAP Basis System Administrator
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Staff SAP Basis System Administrator
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for an SAP Basis Administrator to become part of the IT Applications organization, that runs multiple SAP systems globally. The primary responsibilities include oversight of and hands on configuring, monitoring, tuning, and solving the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis. This position is also responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to operation and support of the SAP environment covering organizational change, including backup/restore, disaster recovery, audit and in conjunction with the hosting team maintenance of the technical infrastructure reference documents such as technical architecture, interface references, hardware, and software assets.
- Host weekly Basis Meetings with IT partners reviewing current activities & planning future activities. Submit maintenance plans for approval of Non-Prod & Prod environments.
- Maintain audit record for transports, client openings, etc.
- Coordinate annual disaster recovery testing in line with business expectations.
- Establish and handle enabling technologies such as Solution Manager and Transport Management solutions. Ensure that appropriate controls are in place to handle processes and maintain compliance with internal and external audit rules.
- Be responsible for/run third-party software integration with the core SAP platform. Create standards and protocols for how integration will be handled and the technologies that will be used to support integration.
- Coordinate and work with the SAP Compliance team to ensure that system and data security guidelines are adhered to in the design and set up of the SAP environment.
- Interact with development teams, configuration teams, various technical support teams, and business collaborators to optimize and maintain the overall SAP reliability, availability, and performance.
- Provide technical support and administration of transport management, batch management, system processes, and production support for SAP environment in conjunction with relevant third parties.
- The position has a 24x7 on-call dedication and availability for evening and weekend working as required.
- Oversight over Batch job creation, changes & update – Run batch jobs within the SAP systems including generation of new jobs and changes to existing jobs, working with business owners on requirements.
- Be responsible for and supervise all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.); prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Assist with SAP Archiving activities.
- Ability to learn about and support SAP related 3rd party software such as Vertex, pay metrics, SAP GUI, Sterling Integrator and others as it is integrated with SAP.
- Lead and coordinate with third parties the troubleshooting and resolution of problems related to performance issues for SAP S4 HANA, BW4 HANA, BI, SRM, SCM,
- Lead the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades.
- Run and/or participate in the Application of SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 12 years deep technical skills in implementation and support of SAP S4, BW4, SAP NetWeaver Java systems, Fiori, GRC ,SRM.
- Consistent track record using SQL to query and analyze data.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.).
- SAP Basis certified.
- UNIX/Linux administration experience.
- Knowledge of EAI concepts, tools and integration.
- Backup and Recovery tools processes and procedures.
- Disaster Recovery tools processes and procedures.
- Installation, upgrade and Migration experience.
- Solution Manager configuration and management using CHARM and Test automation.
- Demonstrable experience in performance monitoring and tuning of SAP systems.
- Three or more full-lifecycle implementations of SAP.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.