Senior Staff Programmer, UI
3 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior Staff User Interface Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone , Uncharted: Golden Abyss , and Syphon Filter , is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Staff User Interface Programmer to contribute to our development process. This position specializes in programming the tools and functionality of the game’s user interface on the target platform and game engine.
- Key contributor to the development of the tools and runtime codebase necessary to produce a cutting edge user interface.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the UI tools, engine, and data pipeline codebases. Facilitate communication and enable early identification of issues to ensure efficient and effective production of UI assets.
- Analyze incoming feature requests and maintain a roadmap of feature rollout.
- Interface with stakeholders, liaise between team members, and drive collaborative projects.
- Provide input into the technical design and the vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. Ensure products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game’s design.
- Independently undertake research prior to the commencement of a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to management.
- Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Capable of resolving a range of highly complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members. This will include the ability to explain themselves in writing and using a variety of audio visual aids.
- Actively maintaining skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience or related experience.
- One or more published titles considered a strength.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Proven demonstration of C++ skills, software architecture, and design.
- Extensive UI Design/User Experience portfolio.
- Experience designing and building at least one large, complex UI.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.