This job might no longer be available.
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Sound Designer
A creative and experienced sound designer who has a proven track record delivering amazing sounding games. You want to work alongside our development partners at AAA studios such as Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Insomniac Games, Guerrilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more…
As it turns out:
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join our award winning, global team in crafting high quality audio experiences for the PlayStation Studios family of development partners. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to continue to set the bar alongside some of the most quality-driven developers in the industry on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
Design : Working with our development partners and supervising sound designers, you will help define the sound vision and execution for your area of responsibility.
- Influences overall game project and strategy for sound design
- Can own the sound design and execution plan for a sound design pillar within the project
Direction : You will be accountable for a larger scope of sound design within a title, mentoring and directing other sound designers to success alongside you.
- Provides mentorship to junior sound design staff, can supervise a project or pillar within a project
- Helps define the sound design vision for a title
Implementation : You will rely on your deep understanding of different sound design domains and seek to bring new and emerging technologies to our projects.
- Executes the technical sound design vision for the project
- Consistently delivers best in class sound design implementation solutions
Tool and Technical Proficiency: You will learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment when it comes to game and sound technologies and educate and share your knowledge with the team.
- Actively train and mentor on tools usage and philosophy.
- Partners with technical/engineering to develop tools and methodologies for efficient sound production
Communication: You will help build and maintain meaningful relationships across our internal and external groups, based on trust and delivering consistent, high-quality results.
- Identifies and solves issues in communication between the sound design team and development partners
- Demonstrates passion for knowledge sharing and promoting new discoveries
Innovation: You will push the envelope to challenge the status quo. You will be flexible and take risks to expand boundaries to deliver breakthrough solutions, creatively and technically.
- Drives consistent communication with development partners about ways to elevate sound design for their area of ownership
- Works to define ways to integrate new ideas for content or systems into their project work & workflows
Collaboration & Influence: You will be open, candid and push those around you in a positive way to succeed to together. You will help drive the process of coming up with, synthesizing and iterating on ideas with our internal team, external partners, and stakeholders to achieve quality.
- Identifies and leads collaborative efforts inside project team, working with key influencers to effect change
- Leverages network of contacts outside of their own team to discover and drive collaboration efforts
- 5+ Years experience as Sound Designer for video games
- At least one shipped AAA release
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools
- Multi-specialized, able to create world class audio content spread across multiple styles
- Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content
- Familiar with authoring techniques within commercial middleware (WWISE, FMOD, etc…)
- Experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various game departments such as animation, level design, AI, physics, mechanics, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.