This job might no longer be available.
Senior Sound Designer
6 months ago
Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss , is looking for top talent to join our passionate team.
Following the success of Days Gone, we are seeking a Senior Sound Designer to join our in-house sound team as we raise the bar even higher and create world-class audio content for 1 st party product development projects. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Senior Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and development teams, creating sonically rich, high-quality AAA audio. Your primary focus will be on sound design, systems and implementation.
- Designing immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive game narrative.
- Implementation and authoring of interactive, real-time sound using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life.
- Recording real-world sounds, creating and editing new sound effects using various recording techniques, professional audio editing tools, hardware and props.
- Collaborating with in-house and off-site sound teams and programmers.
- Sound Design and mixing of cinematic content in multiple formats and specifications.
- At least one shipped AAA title.
- 5+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 years as a Sound Designer for video games.
- Proficiency in at least one DAW (ProTools, Reaper, Nuendo, Cubase)
- Understanding emotion and tension in storytelling, and be able to tell a story through sound.
- Imaginative and creative use of audio production tools, foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content.
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques.
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools.
- Ability to create world-class audio content spread across multiple styles and genres.
- Solid understanding of recording techniques, microphone placement and having the ability to direct talent.
- Familiarity with authoring techniques within middleware (Wwise or FMOD, etc.)
- A grasp of logic and simple scripting methods for interactive audio implementation within a game engine (Unity, Unreal or proprietary engines).
- Experience working with other departments (Animation, engineering, AI, UI etc.) and understanding their workflow.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience designing sounds and sound systems for weapons, vehicles, physics, and weather.
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.