Senior Sound Designer
13 days ago
Senior Sound Designer - Metalhead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
We're expanding our in-house team so that we can build the next generation of our light-hearted, ultra-customizable athletes (and off-field characters!), both male and female. Our approach is modular and efficient but we also work toward a unique sense of character and charm. We're looking for someone who can help us with this vision, take ownership of a large amount of work that is often technical, and help us improve our processes and pipelines.
What you'll do:
- Follow the Audio Direction and understand how each piece fits into and supports a readable, quality soundscape, by creating assets and implementations that live up to the creative and technical aspirations.
- Oversee the sound lead an audio sub team, for a substantial area of a title.
- Ensure you understand the tasks and context, to balance effort and quality against the intended purpose of the asset. Produce audio for the game to quality, within the planned budget and to an agreed schedule.
- Ask for and act on feedback concerning your work. Also provide and act on feedback within the sound team, with a focus on audio execution.
- Be structured; estimate your work, update plans, submit good data into the branch.
- As a part of the Audio team provide and respond to Audio feedback and be an active mixer for your assets and provide feedback on the title's overall mix
Qualities we're looking for:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3 or more years of experience of sourcing, creating and implementing quality sound assets in a AAA title, from both a creative and technical standpoint especially vehicles or weapons.
- A solid appreciation and understanding of how sound works in real-life, with a sense for realism and believability, but able to favor readability to support gameplay.
- Developed artistic qualities; excellent at interpreting reference and following direction.
- Desire to develop your implementation, design, editing and engineering skills.
- Proficient in common studio hardware, editing techniques and software such as Reaper, Sound Forge, Waves, Fabfilter and IzoTope RX.
- Experience with technical workflows and integrating audio into the game environment using the tools at hand. Creating with efficiency, and being mindful of performance constraints.
- Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity and Unreal
- Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, is a bonus